The Society offers a modest subsidies for chapters in need of financial assistance to host a visit by a Sigma Xi Distinguished Lecturer. In awarding such funds, the Committee gives priority to those chapters that show evidence of being able to derive the greatest possible benefit from a visit by a Distinguished Lecturer. In determining which chapters should receive subsidies, the Committee carefully reviews each chapter's application including budget information, location, institution size and opportunity to coordinate the visit with other chapters.
The lectureship subsidy application deadline is March 1 annually.
Chapters must apply for a subsidy by March 1 of the fiscal year prior to fiscal year they wish to receive disbursement. Awards can only be given to chapters who submit a timely application.
Apply for a Chapter Lectureship Subsidy by doing the following:
- Review the listing of 2014-2015 Distinguished
- Open the PDF Application form
Acrobat 9.0 reader or higher) and complete sections I, II,
III and IV.
* The PDF application may not work with some browsers but will work with Internet Explorer.
- Select a submission option from section V. (email submissions
- Print a copy of the form for your records.
- Deadline for Submissions is March 1 for approval for the
fiscal year beginning July 1.
Chapters must request disbursement of their subsidy before the visit by a Distinguished Lecturer. Please note that submissions to the Chapter Lectureship Report form are not considered disbursement request.
Requests for disbursement must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mail questions to email@example.com